Top | KDW Recipes
Heirloom Tomatoes with Garlic-Herb Oil
(recipe, Kim Werner)
This is a perfect way to showcase the season's best tomatoes.
- 4 cloves garlic, slivered
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 lb. tomatoes, preferable heirloom varieties, cut in half or quarters if large
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup assorted chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, chervil, dill, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Saute the garlic and olive oil in a small pan over low heat until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir constantly so the garlic doesn't burn. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Arrange the tomatoes on a platter. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle the oil on top.
- Sprinkle with the herbs just before serving.