Top | Bluebird Christmas
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
This is a simple New Orleans candy that is a combination of toffee with pecans.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup whole pecans
- Place pecans on wax paper.
- Slowly melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar and stir briefly.
- As mixture begins to boil and turn foamy, whisk the caramel to distribute. As soon as the candy has completely turned caramel in color, rapidly pour onto the whole pecans.
- Allow to cool.
- Break into pieces and serve.