Top | The Veg Table
Roasted Butternut Squash and Leek Soup
(recipe, Mary Altman)
A light, seasonal, flavorful soup. Would make a great vegetarian Thanksgiving starter.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- olive oil
- one lg. leek, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Roast the squash:
- Spread squash evenly onto baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and salt. Roast in 400® oven for 15 mins, toss, cook 15 more mins until tender.
- In a big soup pot:
- Heat 1 tbsp butter, add diced leeks, celery, sage. Add veggie broth, water and squash, bring to a boil. Let simmer for 30 mins.
- Sage infused drizzle:
- In a small saucepan, fry 1 tbsp butter with tbsp freshly chopped sage. Drizzle on soup, season with salt and pepper.