Top | Bluebird Christmas
Port Wine Cranberry-Marmalade Conserve
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
Port Wine Cranberry-Marmalade Conserve is a Christmas favorite! Conserve is often considered a whole fruit jam that is a mixture of several fruits and nuts. The delicious Indian River Oranges combined with cranberries make this port wine conserve a delightful flavoring for turkey, cornish hens, artisan cheeses or veggies.
- 1 bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. orange peel, julienned
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 cups Indian River orange segments, fresh, peeled
- ½ cup Georgia pecans, toasted
- 2 Tbsp. Port Wine
- Mix cranberries, sugar, orange peel, orange juice and Indian River orange segments stirring in a saucepan over med heat.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer, continue to stir, about 10 minutes.
- Add port wine and pecans and cook for 1 minute more.
- Strain out the glaze and brush on cheese, cornish game hens, turkey or veggies.
- Garnish with remaining Cranberry-Marmalade Conserve.