Top | Moosie's Recipes
Roasted Red Pepper Soup
(recipe, Maura Berger)
- 6 red bell peppers
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Land O lakes Fat Free Half & Half
- 3 garlic cloves
- salt, to taste
- Roast peppers on BBQ. When blackened on all sides, remove from the broiler and place in a paper bag for 5 minutes to steam. Remove them from the bag, peel the charred skin, halve, seed, and chop into ½-inch pieces; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the onion and celery and sweat for 4 minutes, until tender.
- Add the thyme, and stir to coat the vegetables.
- Add red peppers & the stock and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, partially cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the Half & Half and garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until the cream is reduced by half.
- Transfer the garlic cream to red peppers and puree until smooth. (I used immersion blender)