Top | Recipe Queue
Farmer Bob's Fried Turnips & Potatoes
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
When Farmer Bob James, of James Family Farm, was 5 years old, his grandfather taught him how to make Fried Turnips and Potatoes. Now he shares his favorite with us on Bluebird Market Kitchen Show. www.bluebirdmarket.com
- Turnips, sliced thin
- Onions, sliced thin
- Potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- olive oil, extra virgin organic
- sea salt to taste
- Slice veggies and soak in water.
- Heat skillet and add olive oil and turnips. Saute for 15 minutes. Add onions and potatoes. Continue to saute tossing in olive oil for another 15 minutes.
- Check consistency of potatoes to insure they are done. Continue to brown in olive oil, adding sea salt according to taste.