Top | Bluebird Recipes
Pumpkin Seed Pesto
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
Pesto from pumpkin seeds and basil makes a delicious topping for pumpkin, pasta, or roasted veggie dishes.
- 2 cups unsalted green (hulls removed) pumpkin seeds
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup chopped sweet basil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Roast the green pumpkin seeds on oiled cookie sheet with sea salt to taste in a 375 degree oven until puffed and toasted for about 10 minutes.
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until a course paste is made. Chill and serve.