Top | My Recipes
Thai Green Beans
(recipe, Nellie McBride)
from recipe zaar 11.10.09
- 1 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- ⅛ to ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. shallot, minced
- 1 tsp. gingerroot, grated
- 1 tsp. oil
- ½ lb. green beans, trimmed
- cilantro, chopped
- dry roasted peanuts
- 1 Combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, peanut butter and crused red pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2 Rinse the beans and place in a microwave safe dish, cover and cook until crisp tender; approximately 3 to 5 minutes depending on the wattage of your microwave.
- 3 Remove beans from microwave, rinse in cool water and allow to drain while preparing the sauce.
- 4 In a skillet or wok, heat the 1 teaspoon oil add the minced shallot and grated gingerroot.
- 5 Cook the shallot and ginger for 2 minutes and then add the soy sauce mixture; stirring until the peanut butter is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- 6 If using a natural peanut butter, it may be necessary to add a tablespoon or so of water to the pan to aid in making the sauce smooth and creamy.
- 7 Once the sauce is thoroughly combined, stir in beans and warm in sauce.
- 8Prior to serving sprinkle with chopped cilantro and peanuts if desired.