Top | Linda Ziedrich
Autumn Sorrel Soup
(recipe, Linda Ziedrich)
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 5 cups chopped scallions or leeks
- 1 qt. chicken stock
- 1 medium-large russet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 qt. sorrel leaves
- 1 cup cream
- Salt to taste
- Melt the butter in a nonreactive pot, and gently cook the scallions or leeks in the butter until they are tender.
- Add the stock. When it has nearly begun to boil, add the potato. Cover the pot, and cook the mixture until the potato pieces are tender.
- Stir in the sorrel leaves. As soon as they are wilted, whirl the mixture until smooth in a blender. Check for any strings (from the sorrel stems); if you find them, you should strain the soup.
- Stir in the cream and some salt. If needed, reheat the soup before serving.