Top | Desserts, Candies, and Cookies
Grandma's Fudge (she used Mamie Eisenhower's recipe)
(recipe, Julie Balderrama)
*Need to find Grandma's hand-written notes and variation on this. Used her method. This is the fudge recipe my Grandma used. When she passed, I discovered her secret recipe in her collection. Turns out it's Mamie Eisenhower's fudge recipe. But it will always be Grandma's to me.
- 12 oz. Semisweet Chocolate Bits
- 12 oz. German Sweet Chocolate, Broken Into Pcs.
- One Pint Marshmallow Cream
- Two Cups Chopped Walnuts
- One Can (13 - Oz.)Evaporated Milk
- Four And One-Half Cups Sugar
- Two Tablespoons Butter
- Pinch Of Salt
- n a large bowl, combine chocolate bits, Sweet Chocolate, Marshmallow Cream and chopped Nuts. Reserve. In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine milk, sugar, butter and salt. Bring to boiling, stirriing constantly.Cook, stirring continously, for six t0 seven minutes. Pour the boiling milk and sugar mixture over the reserved chocolate-nut mixture, and beat until the chocolate is melted and the fudge is creamy. Pour fudge mixtue into buttered 9 X 9 inch pan, and let cool at room temperature for a few hours or overnight, before cutting into squares. Store in tin box or other airtight container.
- Makes about (5) pounds of fudge. Enjoy!!