Top | Breads, Doughs, Muffins, Rolls, etc.
(recipe, Julie Balderrama)
Very easy dough to put together. Only takes an hour to rise.
- 1½ cups very warm water
- 2 tsp. yeast
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 16 oz. (about 2¾ cups) bread flour
- 3½ oz. (½ cup) semolina flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- olive oil
- 1. place warm water, yeast, and sugar into bowl of stand mixer. stir a little to mix. let the yeast bloom while you measure out the flour.
- 2. measure out the dry ingredients, by weight, and use a whisk to mix. carefully pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. turn mixer on low until all dry ingredients are moistened enough to not fly out of the mixer.
- 3. turn mixer on high and let the hook knead the dough for a few minutes. the dough should start to form a ball on the hook.
- 4. place about a tbsp. of olive oil in a LARGE bowl - coat the bowl with the olive oil. remove dough from mixer and place in the bowl, turning dough to coat with olive oil. cover with clean towel and place in a warm place to let rise for about an hour, until it has doubled in size.
- 5. about the last 20 or 30 minutes of the rise, preheat the oven as hot as it will go: 500-550F. place pizza stone in preheating oven.
- 6. after the rise, divide the dough into two and stretch and roll to form two pizza crusts or roll out one thick crust.
- 7. place on pizza stone and bake for 10-12 minutes.