Top | Moosie's Recipes
The Best Ever Choc Chip Cookies
(recipe, Maura Berger)
No lie - this is a perfect recipe!
- 3¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup vegetable shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Whisk flour, baking soda and salt together; Set Aside.
- Cream the sugar, butter, shortening, eggs and vanilla together.
- Stir Flour Mixture into Creamed mixture.
- Then Stir in chocolate chips. (Usually I just use the semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Use a cookie scoop (2 tbs per scoop/large scoop) to measure and drop dough 2" apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. (I use parchment paper)
- Bake on center rack of oven 12-14 minutes, until lightly browned edges are set.
- Remove from oven; leave cookies on baking sheet for 2 minutes firm up.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- If you are reusing the warm baking sheet, reduce baking time slightly.
- * I used these cookies with Edy’s light vanilla ice cream to make “chipwiches” – they LOVED it!