Top | My recipes
Garlic Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
(recipe, Sophia Cauliere)
This is a terrific dressing over torn romaine with bacon, apples, and red onion.
- 3 Tbsp. white or red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 oz. blue cheese
- white pepper to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- thin sliced of red onion - about ¼ cup
- Olive oil, to taste (typically a 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 ratio)
- Marinate slice of red onion in ½ the vinegar with ½ tbsp of sugar and white pepper to taste. Let set about 10 minutes
- Mix blue cheese and remaining vinegar until smooth. Once onion is marinated, pour the marinade into the blue-cheese vinegar mixture.
- Add crushed garlic and mix thoroughly.
- Slowly pour in olive oil while mixing to form an emulsion. Proportion should be 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 depending on taste.
- Toss with salad. This rarely requires additional salt. Use marinated onion in the salad along with apples, bacon, and croutons.