Top | Eamon's recipes
Braised Chard With Wild Mushrooms
(recipe, Eamon Molloy)
- 1 bunch chard (about a pound)
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- ½ lb. assorted wild mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- After cleaning chard, separate leaves from stems and coarsely chop leaves. Slice stems into ¼ inch pieces.
- Over medium heat, place olive oil in a pot large enough to hold the chard. Add onions and cook for a minute or two. Add chard stems and mushrooms. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chard leaves and season with salt and pepper. Cover pot, lower heat and braise for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.