Top | Featured Items
"Kicked-Up" Pimento Cheese courtesy of James Family Farm
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
Bluebird Market Kitchen Show is a weekly cooking demonstration at our local Farmer's Market. Bob James of James Family Farm shared his recipe with our audience of "Kicked-Up Pimento Cheese" using his farm fresh pimento and jalapeno peppers.
Click link to watch the video on Bluebird Market Kitchen Show:
- 1 cup (16 oz.) Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup (16 oz.) Velveeta Cheese
- ½ cup jalapeno peppers, chopped
- ½ cup pimento peppers, chopped
- 1 cup Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil
- Organic olive oil for roasting peppers
- Cut cheddar cheese into small blocks and melt in microwave. Repeat with Velveeta Cheese. After you melt the cheese, mix about a cup and a half of Kraft Mayonnaise with Olive Oil. Add peppers in. Serve on Whole Wheat Bread with Local Honey for Sandwiches or Party Open Face Sandwich Appetizers.
- Roasted Pepper Instructions: Slice the peppers in half and remove seeds, brush with Organic Olive Oil and bake in 400 degree oven about 10 minutes. Remove thin clear outer skin that peels off easily and dice.