Top | Blog Recipes - RecipesRooom.com
Chocolate Marbled Banana Bread
(recipe, risa falcon)
The perfect recipe to use up those remaining over-ripe bananas!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 3 to 5 mashed ripe bananas (depending on how much banana you like, I used 3 but would've been pleased with 4)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9X5X3-inch loaf pan, set aside. Melt chocolate in medium bowl and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. make a well in the center of the flour mixture and set aside.
- Melt butter in medium bowl, allow to cool slightly. In the same bowl, add to the butter the mashed bananas, sugar, milk and eggs.
- Combine the egg mixture to the flour mixture. Stir just until combined, batter should be lumpy. Transfer 1¼ cups of batter to the bowl with the melted chocolate and fold until thoroughly combined.
- Drop alternating spoonfuls of the plain and chocolate batter into the prepared pan. Using a long knife or metal spatula, gently cut through the batters to marble.
- Bake 55-60 min (mine took about 70 minutes, but I understand it could just be my wacky oven) or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil for the last 15 minutes if necessary to prevent over-browning.
- Cool in the pan on wire rack for 10 min. Remove from the pan and cool completely.
- *Bread can be wrapped (after completely cooled) and stored over night...if you can stand to wait that long, but you'd have to be nuts if you put yourself through that torture...just saying.