Top | Big Life
Wheat Berry Salad with Pomegranate and Pine Nuts
(recipe, Marcella Robin)
Gorgeous seasonal salad with a surprising texture.
- 2½ cups cooked wheat berries
- 1 whole pomegranate, seeded (reserve ¼ of the seeds for the dressing)
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 Chipotle Chilies in adobo sauce, diced
- ¼ cup Sherry vinegar
- 2 TBS pomegranate Juice (squeezed from ¼ of the reserved pomegranate seeds)
- 2 TBS maple Syrup
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Prepare the dressing by combining all of the ingredients, except the oil, in a food processor. Blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the oil until smooth and creamy. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Combine cooked wheat berries, toasted pine nuts, and remaining pomegranate seeds in a bowl. Toss with dressing and serve.
- NOTE: this recipe developed in collaboration with Stephanie Gorman