Top | Experimental
Summer Quinoa Salad
(recipe, Jean Henrich)
This is a versatile recipe - feel free to add or substitute any raw diced vegetables.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup pitted & chopped black olives
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup diced red or orange bell pepper
- 3 Tbsp. vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Bring quinoa to a boil in 2 cups of water, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let cool.
- Combine onion, olives, cucumber, and bell pepper with quinoa in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and basil. Taste and correct to your liking.
- Pour dressing over quinoa & vegetables, and stir to coat.
- Chill before serving.