Top | Newsletter featured recipes
(recipe, Hillsdale Farmers' Market)
- 2 lb. ripe tomatoes, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 peppers, seeded and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 8 to 10 basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook until onions begin to become translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and a little salt. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add peppers, cover and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, uncover and let cool until warm.
- Tear basil leaves, stir into soup and serve.