Top | Savory Berry Recipes
Autumn Glazed Pork Loin
(recipe, Oregon Raspberry and Blackberry Commision)
- 1 oz. apple Brandy
- 2 cups frozen Marionberries or blackberries
- 4 oz. Apple Cider
- 1 oz. whole grain mustard
- ¼ cup Simple Syrup *
- 2 to 3 lb. pork loin
- Place pork loin on rack in roasting pan, coat with olive oil; salt and pepper to taste. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees, place prepared roast in oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 250 degrees, cook pork loin for 20 minutes.
- In saucepan add frozen berries bring to boil. Deglaze pan with apple Brandy until alcohol is gone, about 5 minutes. Add apple cider, mustard and simple syrup. Simmer sauce to reduce by three quarters, approximately 10 minutes.
- Brush glaze on pork loin and continue to roast until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees. Let pork loin rest covered, for 15 minutes. Slice pork and drizzle sauce over slices before serving.
- * Simple Syrup - In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water to a boil; simmer until the sugar is dissolved, 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. Remaining syrup may be refrigerated for one month.