Top | Holidays
Artisan St. Lucia or Advent Braided Focaccia Bread Wreath
(recipe, Bluebird Farmers Market & CSA)
Want to enrich your holiday parties with an Artisan Bread Centerpiece? Bluebird Market 12 Week Christmas Countdown brings you a quick and easy St. Lucia or Advent Braided Focaccia Wreath that will light up your table and bring the aromas of fresh basil and home baked bread to your guests. Click here for step by step how to Do-It-Yourself pictures: http://bit.ly/2ssEBq
- 5½ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 packages Fleischmann's® Rapid Rise Yeast
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups water
- 6 Tbsp. margarine
- Toppings: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, grated Parmesan, fresh basil
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt. Heat water and butter until very warm (125 to 130ºF). Gradually add to dry ingredients; and stir until you make a dough.
- Knead on floured surface until smooth. Divide dough into 3 pieces; roll each to 24-inch rope; braid ropes. Place braid on greased pizza sheet. Form into ring and pinch ends to seal.
- Top with oil to prevent cracking, decorate with cherry tomatoes and bell peppers or your favorite fresh veggies in the manner of a green wreath with berries.
- Place large, shallow pan on counter; half-fill with boiling water. Place baking sheet over pan. Let rise 15 minutes until puffy.
- Bake at 400ºF for 25 minutes or until done. When almost ready, sprinkle on Parmesan cheese and continue baking until lightly browned. Brush oil on ring. Garnish with fresh basil and tall Advent or St. Lucia taper candles.