Top | Mediterranean Clay Pot Cooking
(recipe, Paula Wolfert)
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1¼ cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- In a mortar, crush the garlic into a fine purée; add 1 teaspoon salt and a few drops of olive oil to make a paste. Add the egg yolks and beat until thick and smooth.
- Gradually work in the remaining oil drop by drop in a slow, steady stream, stirring in one direction only until you obtain a thick, creamy emulsion that resembles a very thick mayonnaise. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Cover with plastic wrap and keep in a cool place until ready to serve.