Top | Veggies
Chanterelle Mushroom Flan
(recipe, Maggie Restivo)
This is a savory chanterelle mushroom flan. We made this flan with the mushrooms we found during our July foray.
Under step 2 of the instructions we strayed a little from the instructions. We reserved a few of the larger pieces of caramelized chanterelles. Then pureed the caramelized chanterelles, garlic and scallions and added that too you cream egg, and yolk.
- 2 scallions
- 4 oz. Chanterelle Mushroom, cleaned
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 oz. cream cheese, room temp (you can sub goat cheese for cream cheese, we did and it was delicious!)
- ½ oz. heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Heat a saute pan with oil, add chanterelles and cook until caramelized. Add garlic and scallions and cook until soft.
- Soften cream cheese and add cream, egg, and yolk. Fold in the mushroom mix.
- Season with salt, pepper and add appropriate herb if desired.
- Coat ramekins or souffle cups with pan spray.
- Fill souffle cups with the mix ¾ of the way full.
- Place cups in a pan. Fill with warm water half way up side of cups and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place pan in a 350* F. Cook for 30 - 45 min until firm.
- Unmold onto serving plates