Top | Eamon's recipes
Pico de Gallo
(recipe, Eamon Molloy)
- 1½ lb. tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 Anaheim pepper
- Juice of one lime
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Wash and cut tomatoes into ¼ inch to ½ inch diced pieces.
- Prepare the pepper by removing the stem, ribs and seeds. Cut into a fine dice. (Note: be careful when handling hot peppers. Avoid touching them with your hands. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and hot water after handling and avoid touching your eyes for several hours.)
- Combine tomatoes, cilantro, lime and onion in a medium sized bowl. Add some of the pepper and taste. Keep adding pepper until you reached your desired heat level. If it's too hot just add more tomato.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for one hour to allow flavors to combine.