Top | The Weekly Veggie Recipes
Farmers Market Flatbread Pizza
(recipe, Cristin Couzens)
Favorite summer time method -See note
Makes 4 Pizzas
With permission from Amit Kobrowski of Relish Catering and Party Planning
- 4 Lavash bread
- 2 Red Peppers
- 2 Peaches not yet fully ripe
- 16 oz. Chevre cheese
- 16 oz. Arugula
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Pizza Stone or perforated pizza pan
- BBQ Grill or Oven with broiler
- Pastry brush for painting olive oil on lavash bread
- Rimless cookie sheet, cutting board, or pizza peel
- Heat BBQ Grill to High
- Fire roast 2 Red peppers by placing on heated grill and charing skin. Turn every few minutes until nearly all black on all sides. Remove from grill and place in plastic zip bag until cool enough to handle.
- Reduce heat on grill to medium. Split and Pit 2 medium peaches. Coat with a few drop of olive oil. Grill peach halves until slightly softened and heated. Remove from heat.
- Place pizza stone or unglazed tile on grill. Return grill to high temp (500) allowing stone to get very hot.
- While waiting for grill to heat, quickly peel red peppers. Skins should peel away easily with fingers. Split peppers and use the back of knife to skim away seeds. Slice into strips.
- Slice peaches.
- Brush lavash bread with olive oil. Place peaches and red peppers on pizza. Break up chevre and distribute about 4 oz around lavash.
- Place pizza on stone. Grill just a few minutes until bread starts to crisp. Cheese will soften but will not melt like mozzarella.
- Remove pizza using rimless cookies sheet, cutting board, or pizza peel.
- Sprinkle with arugula.
- Cut into 6-8 rectangular pieces and enjoy.
- Note- Can be done in an oven using a broiler. But remember to switch broiler off and turn oven to 550 when heating stone.