Top | Newsletter featured recipes
(recipe, Hillsdale Farmers' Market)
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup pine nuts, lightly toasted and cooled
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- Combine the basil, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add the olive oil in a slow stream to the mixture while the processor is running. You will need to stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl a few times while adding the oil.
- Stir in the grated cheese and add salt and pepper to taste.