Top | Eamon's recipes
(recipe, Eamon Molloy)
- 1 lb. zucchini, trimmed and cut into ¼ inch thick slices
- 2 sweet peppers, cored and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb. tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 8 basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Place zucchini slices on an oiled baking sheet and place in a 400 degree oven. Roast 5-8 minutes until zucchini has softened. Remove from oven.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, cook for a few minutes,add peppers and cook for a few more minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add basil, stir to mix and remove from heat. If there is a lot of liquid, drain off the excess and save for soup.
- Layer the zucchini in a casserole dish. Spoon tomato mixture on top of zucchini, cover and place dish in oven. Cook for 10 minutes. Serve hot or warm.