Top | Vegetarian stuff (non culinate)
Lavash Pizza Easy
(recipe, Lina Ja)
Look for soft lavash — a large, thin rectangular bread (about 18x12 inches) — in Middle Eastern markets or in the bread section of most supermarkets. Two 11- to 12-inch- diameter flour tortillas can be substituted.
- 1 soft lavash bread
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup minced pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1¾ cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced seeded plum tomatoes
- Preheat broiler. Place lavash on large baking sheet; brush with 1½ tablespoons oil. Broil until lavash just begins to crisp, about 1 minute.
- Reduce oven temperature to 450°F. Turn lavash over on baking sheet, broiled side down. Brush with remaining 1½ tablespoons oil. Spread with olives; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese and feta cheese, then mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until pizza is heated through and cheeses melt, about 10 minutes. Cut into squares.