Top | MUFFINS and Baking
(recipe, Lina Ja)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 cup dried cranberries, raisins or chocolate chips or a combination thereof (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour two 8×4 inch loaf pans, liberally. (See those pictures of the cakes inside their non-stick pans? Yup, they’re pretty much hanging out in there for the time being.) Alternately, line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. Mix in oil and sugar, then zucchini and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt, as well as nuts, chocolate chips and/or dried fruit, if using.
- Stir this into the egg mixture. Divide the batter into prepared pans.
- Bake loaves for 60 minutes, plus or minus ten, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Muffins will bake far more quickly, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.