Top | Danielle Turner
Quick Quinoa Salad
(recipe, Danielle Turner)
- 1½ cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups water
- 4 Tbsp. apple-cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, bring quinoa and water to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat; transfer quinoa to a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together apple-cider vinegar and olive oil until emulsified.
- Once quinoa is cool, stir in carrots, red bell pepper, cranberries, walnuts, and shallot. Add mint and vinegar-and-oil mixture, tossing until salad is evenly coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.