Top | Developed in Hungary
(recipe, Jon Clark)
This is my take off a popular Hungarian dish. This soup can be served as a course during lunch or dinner or as a delicious no-bake dessert.
- 2 kg fresh sour cherries pitted
- 5 peaches skinned and cut into chunks reserving juices
- 1 pt. raspberries
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cups sour cream
- Add cherries, peaches, raspberries, and a good pinch of salt to a heavy pot set over a medium flame.
- Cook the fruit until the cherries get soft and the fruit begins to break down and add the vanilla bean split, and seeded along with about a half cup of sugar.
- Cook further until the fruit is simmering.
- Using a stick blender puree the soup until smooth, but leave pieces of fruit.
- Simmer further and add sugar to taste.
- Take the soup off heat and whisk in the sour cream and allow to cool.
- Put soup in the fridge and serve when cold.