Top | What to cook with goodies from the market
Fresh Chapatis with Feta, Goat & Greens
(recipe, Farmers on the Square Farmers' Market)
This week's recipe comes from Three Sisters.
- 2 cups Judi's Whole Wheat Flour from Three Sisters
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¾ cup water
- ½ lb. goat sausages from Painted Hand Farm
- 4 cups assorted greens such as Frisee Endive, French Sorrel or Russian Kale from Everblossom Farm
- ½ cup green onions from Dickinson College Farm, Eshs' or Swamp Fox.
- ¼ lb. feta from Keswick Creamery
- For the Chapatis:
- Mix flour, oil, salt & water. Knead for several minutes until the dough is elastic. Let rest.
- Cut greens into a chiffonade (thin, ribbony slices).
- Saute goat sausages, greens and green onions. Cool. Cut sausages into bite-sized pieces.
- Divide dough into 10-12 golf ball sized pieces. Roll out to 8" circles. Cook in a pre-heated, ungreased iron skillet until "bubbly" on one side. Flip and cook other side, approximately 1 minute.
- Fill Chapati with crumbled feta, goat, greens & onions mixture. Wrap up and enjoy!