Top | What to cook with goodies from the market
Spring Spinach Salad with Pastured Pork Bacon & Strawberries
(recipe, Farmers on the Square Farmers' Market)
This hearty salad can easily double as an entire meal.
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- ½ lb. bacon
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup spring onions
- ¼ lb. fresh mushrooms
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- 4 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Wash and dry the spinach.
- Cook bacon until crispy and remove from pan to cool. Crumble into smaller bites.
- Using the bacon grease, cook sliced mushrooms.
- Slice white and green parts of spring onions.
- Add cooked bacon & mushrooms, onions, strawberries and crumbled feta cheese.
- Toss with olive oil until lightly coated. Add Balsamic vinegar and pepper. Toss again and serve.