Top | Newsletter featured recipes
Penne with Asparagus and Morels
(recipe, Hillsdale Farmers' Market)
- 1 lb. asparagus (one bunch) ends trimmed and cut into 1½ inch pieces
- 3 oz. fresh morels, cleaned and sliced in half
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ lb. penne
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Pecorino Romano, grated (optional)
- Set a large pot of water to boil and cook penne.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add morels and garlic. Saute for about five minutes. Add asparagus and cook until the asparagus is bright green and just cooked.
- Place cooked penne into a large serving bowl. Add vegetables, stir together, season to taste.
- If desired, serve with grated Pecorino Romano.