Top | What We Eat When We Eat Alone
Guacamole for One
(recipe, Deborah Madison & Patrick McFarlin)
Given that this, along with some blue corn chips or a warm tortilla, might be your dinner, this guacamole has a bit more tomato than normal, making it a bit more salady.
- 1 Tbsp. finely diced white onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. finely diced jalapeño chile
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp. lime juice, to taste
- Chop the onion, cilantro, and the chile with ¼ teaspoon salt to make a rough paste. Peel and mash the avocado with a fork, keeping it chunky. Add the onion mixture and tomatoes, season with half the lime juice, then taste and add more, if needed.