Top | On The Cheap Eats
Eggs, Greens and some Beans
(recipe, Quinn Losselyong)
I went to Simpatica Dining Hall a few weeks back for brunch and it was amazing. I had an italian sausage pinwheel with some greens and a few beans. It reminded me of when I was in London and I would get breakfast and it would be a few bangers, baked beans and a few fried eggs. I love it! I don't eat meat for breakfast everyday, but bacon or any type of sausage would be great with this.
- 1 can of butter beans
- 2 Tbsp. of freshly chopped tarragon
- 2 tsp. of olive oil or tea seed oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 handfuls of rapini, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- open up can of beans, drain and give a little rinse, drain again
- heat a small pan with enough water to blanch the rapini, I like to add some salt to the water
- Meanwhile, heat a small skillet over medium heat with 1 tsp of oil, add the beans and tarragon and saute until warmed through.
- Fry your eggs however you like them. I prefer mine over easy with a little salt and pepper
- Add rapini to boiling water and cook for 1-1½ minutes, remove from water and place on plate
- divide beans, rapini and eggs evenly between two plates and enjoy!
- Oh, I like mine drizzled with some hot sauce