Top | Main Dishes
Mom’s Flank Steak with Whiskey Marinade
(recipe, Carrie Floyd)
My mom used to serve this with wild rice and green beans. Leftovers taste wonderful on toasted bread with a smear of butter, salt, and pepper, or added to a lentil salad or stir-fry.
- 4 Tbsp. whiskey
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce (low-sodium is fine)
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. flank steak
- Mix together all of the ingredients (except the steak) in a shallow dish or large plastic zip-lock bag. Add the steak, either flipping and coating it in the dish or immersing it in the bag. Marinate at least 4 hours or all day.
- When ready to cook, remove the steak from the marinade and either broil or grill it to medium-rare. After cooking, let the meat rest for at least 5 minutes, then cut against the grain into thin slices.