Top | Gluten Free Recipes
Spinach Quiche Gluten Free
(recipe, Theresa Singleton)
Container: 9 or 10-inch round pastry pan, coat with vegetable cooking spray
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
1 cup fine corn meal
4 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon water, add to beaten egg
10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and all excess water removed
1/2 cup onion, minced or chopped fine
1 1/2 cups ham, chopped fine
2 cups sharp cheddar, shredded
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (or spicy brown mustard)
- freshly ground pepper
- # Preheat oven to 350º F.
- # Mix together corn meal and butter until it has a crumb type appearance (This can be done in a food processor, if one is available). Blend in seasoning. Add water and beaten egg and combine. If the mixture is too crumbly, add a few drops of water.
- # Pat mixture into bottom of pan and up the sides or use a small pastry rolling pin to even out and press excess up sides. The crust should be thin.
- # Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Cook approximately 10 minutes before adding filling. Fill bottom of crust with spinach, ham, cheese and onion.
- # In a small bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and mustard. Pour over meat mixture.
- # Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until set in center. Serve warm. Garnish as desired.
- TIP: If crust is too plain, add minced green onion, garlic, fresh herbs, and seasonings.