Top | Winter Wonders
(recipe, Asta Schuette)
This is an adaptation from a recipe on Simply Recipes posted by Elise on July 21, 2007.
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 to 6 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 pound of florets)
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- ½ cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- ¼ cup of red onion, chopped
- 1 cup of frozen peas, thawed (or fresh peas if you can get them)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp. cyaenne pepper
- ¼ cup honey
- Combine broccoli florets, almonds, crumbled bacon, chopped onion, and peas in a large serving bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, cider vinegar and honey. Add dressing to the salad and toss to mix well. Chill thoroughly before serving.