Top | Desserts
(recipe, Maggie Restivo)
I cannot explain to you how tasty this is! I believe my mom got this recipe from a friend of her when I was really young. I'm not sure though. No matter where it came from it is super good.
- Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- a pinch of ground cinnamon
- Cheesecake Batter:
- 2 lb. cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- 1 10.0 oz. can of double cream (I use Nestle because it's what my mom always used)
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 325*
- For Graham Cracker Crust: toss graham cracker crumbs, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon, together in the bottom of a 9 in. springform pan and press firmly into the bottom of the pan.
- For Batter: in a mixing bowl, blend cream cheese with sugar until well blended. Add the eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, almond extract, double cream and flour.
- Mix on low until well blended (about 5 minutes) until smooth. Pour into the springform plan.
- Place the pan onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (to keep the bottom of the cheesecake from burning)
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes until the cheesecake has just set.
- Increase the oven temperature to 350* and bake for 4-8 more minutes.
- Turn off the oven and open the oven door.
- Let the cheesecake cool in the oven for 1 hour
- Refrigerate for 8 hours but preferably overnight before serving.