Top | A Taste of Oregon
(recipe, The Junior League of Eugene)
- 3 8.0 oz. packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. almond extract
- 1½ cups sour cream
- ½ tsp. vanilla or lemon extract
- Unsweetened chocolate, shaved or grated
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 9-inch springform cake pan.
- Beat the cream cheese in an electric mixer or with a wooden spoon until softened. Add the eggs, 1 cup sugar, salt, and almond extract. Beat until smooth and thick.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until set. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan on a cake rack for 20 minutes (the top will crack).
- Mix together the 2 tablespoons sugar, sour cream, and vanilla or lemon extract. Pour over the cooled cake.
- Return the cake to the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Cool, then chill in the refrigerator.
- To serve, remove the side of the pan, put the cake on a plate, and top with shaved or grated chocolate.