Top | Main Dishes
Italian Sausages with Polenta and Tomato Sauce
(recipe, Carrie Floyd)
This is a heartwarming dish that is fairly easy to throw together, especially if you already have some tomato sauce stowed in the fridge or freezer. For a complete meal, serve with steamed broccoli or a simple green salad.
- Easy Polenta
- 4 Italian sausages (pork or chicken)
- 2 cups Tomato Sauce with Roasted Vegetables or Winter Tomato Sauce
- Fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Prepare the polenta and keep warm.
- In a cast-iron or heavy skillet, brown the sausages. (If using pork sausages, prick the casings to allow the fat to seep out; if using chicken sausages, first coat the pan with a little olive oil.) While the sausages cook, warm up the tomato sauce.
- To serve, scoop a ladleful of polenta onto each plate and top with a cooked sausage and a big spoonful of tomato sauce. Garnish each plate with chopped parsley, if desired.