Top | Developed in Hungary
(recipe, Jon Clark)
- 2 Tbsp. sunflower oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 small parsnips, peeled and chopped with greens reserved
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 Tbsp. paprika
- Vegetable stock
- ½ roasted red pepper, diced
- ½ kg sauerkraut, slightly rinsed
- 1 tsp. caraway
- Sour cream
- Heat oil over medium flame and add onion, parsnips, greens, carrots and salt to sweat.
- When the vegetables are soft add paprika and mix well.
- Add vegetable stock, roasted red pepper, sauerkraut, and caraway.
- Simmer for 40 minutes and serve hot with sour cream and rye bread.