Top | Quick and Easy
Stuffed Portabello Mushroom Caps
(recipe, Maggie Restivo)
This is one of my go to recipes when I want something quick, easy and tasty! The original recipe calls for canned crab meat however, I use fresh. I am friends with the one of the guys who works in the seafood department of my local Winn Dixie. He is a powerful food ally to have because you will know when they get the freshest ingredients in!
- 2 Portabello Mushroom caps
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 oz. (or 1 small can) of crab meat - drained, flaked, cartilage removed
- 4 tsp. good mayo
- 2 roasted sweet red pepper halves, drained
- 2 slices of provolone cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place mushroom caps on a greased baking sheet.
- Combine oil and garlic; brush over mushroom caps
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Broil 4-6 inches from the heating unit for 4-5 minutes ( until the caps are tender)
- Combine crab meat and mayo.
- Place one pepper half onto each mushroom cap
- Top with crab/mayo mixture.
- Broil 2-3 more minutes or until heated through
- Top with provolone cheese and broil 1-2 minutes, until the cheese is melted and begins to brown.