Top | Sandwiches
Grilled Mozzarella Sandwich with Pesto and Tomato
(recipe, Carrie Floyd)
Like the classic grilled cheese, only better, this great summer sandwich is best when the tomatoes are ripe and the pesto plentiful.
- Soft butter
- 4 slices white or wheat bread
- 2 Tbsp. prepared basil pesto
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced and blotted with a paper towel
- Butter the outsides of the bread slices, then spread the insides with pesto. Layer cheese and tomato slices on two slices of bread, then place the other two bread slices (butter on the outside) on top.
- Over medium-low heat, grill the sandwiches in a skillet until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted.