Top | Fish and Seafood
(recipe, Carrie Floyd)
I gleaned this recipe — one of my favorite ways of cooking salmon — while working at Genoa restaurant in Portland. Agrodolce translates as sweet and sour.
- 6 fresh wild-caught salmon fillets (about 6 to 8 ounces each)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ⅓ cup Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2½ Tbsp. finely chopped fresh fennel leaves
- ⅓ tsp. ground fennel
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
- Several hours before serving, mix together all the ingredients except the salmon and the lemon wedges and whisk together until smooth. Add the salmon, turning the fillets to coat with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Grill the salmon, or broil it on a buttered pan on the middle rack setting, about 5 minutes per side until cooked through. Serve each fillet with a lemon wedge.