Top | salads
Tofe pate' salad
(recipe, Sharon Broderick)
This is as close to Toby's Tofu pate' as I can find. This recipe is from my friend Barbara who knows her food!
- 1 lb. firm tofu, well drained
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. prepared mustard
- ½ tsp. soy sauce
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. tumeric powder
- 2 to 3 small green onions, minced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, minced
- 1 rib celery, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped dill pickle
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- Mash tofu to a very small crumbly consistency, add mayo, mustard and seasonings, Mix well. Add vegetables and mix well again.
- Spread on crackers, bagels, lettuce leaves, or use as a dip.