Top | salads
Beet and Bean Salad
(recipe, Sharon Broderick)
I got this recipe from Anne, a very long time ago. We make this often in the summer when we get together for dinners and picnics. It sounds a bit bizarre but its very very very good!
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- This should be mixed together until well blended, then put into 2 separate containers.
- 1 can shoestring beets, drained well
- 1 can french cut beans, drained well
- 2 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. horseradish
- ½ cup green onions, divided
- Pace beets in one bowl, beans in another. Pour ½ marinade (½ cup) over each and let marinate overnite if possible (I have even marinated them for about 3 hours and they turn out okay, but the longer the better). DRAIN. Place beets in bottom of glass bowl, then place a layer of green onions, then the beans.
- Mix mayo, horseradish, additional green onions, and chopped egg together. Spread
- over top of beans. Garnish with sliced eggs and paprika. Serve. Yummy!