Top | salads
Pasta Salad from New Mexico
(recipe, Sharon Broderick)
This is my take on a salad I ordered from Grahams Grill in Taos, New Mexico. It was written from memory so there really are no measurements, and I wrote this as for what was served to me. Salads should be just inventive anyway, so if its sounds good, go for it!
- 4 to 5 pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 4 to 5 pitted green olives, halved
- 4 to 5 black olives, halved
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 2 cups cooked orecchiette pasta (little hats) or medium shell-shaped noodles
- 1 Tbsp. shredded fresh basil leaves
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. slivered red peppers
- celery cut in very small pieces
- lemon zest
- minced parsley
- salt & pepper
- Mix everything together, chill and serve. The dressing was very sparse so the mayonnaise wasn't very heavy. This was an excellent salad. Make sure you use the freshest ingredients possible.