Top | Main Course
Chicken and Cranberries in a Brandy Cream Sauce
(recipe, Daryl Shute)
Ate this in a log cabin restaurant in Marysville Wa.
After I created this recipe theirs went downhill, and I make it better :)
Simple and tasty.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- salt and pepper
- ½ sweet onion, diced in large chunks
- 5 large button mushrooms sliced
- ¼ cup Craisins®
- 1 to 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 pt. heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup Brandy (or to taste)
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- While heating pound chicken until ¼ - ½ in thick.
- Salt and Pepper both sides of each breast.
- When pan is hot add 2 tblsp olive oil.
- Add chicken and cook until nearly cooked through.
- Remove to a plate.
- Add butter, onion, mushrooms, and Craisins® to pan.
- Heat and stir constantly until onion just gets soft, approx 3 minutes.
- Move pan from heat source and add brown sugar and Brandy.
- Move pan back to heat and flame Brandy being very careful not to get burned.
- When flame is gone cook until reduced by ½. approx 2 minutes.
- Add chicken back to pan, and include the drippings left on the plate.
- Add heavy whipping cream and stir.
- Heat until bubbly and lower heat.
- Simmer until chicken is heated through, approx 4 - 5 minutes.
- Serve with roasted red potatoes and plenty of bread for the sauce.